One wonderful feature of yoga is that every level of fitness can be accommodated. Even if you are brand new to having an exercise routine, the variety of possible poses means that you can develop a yoga habit right away. Here are two especially safe and gentle yoga poses.
Child’s pose requires no unusual balancing. From a kneeling position, enter this pose by bending forward and placing your torso and face on the mat. Reach your hands and arms as far forward of your head as you can, keeping Read the rest of this entry »
When you are invested in getting started with yoga, you might wonder what the best clothes for you are going to be. The truth is that yoga is an activity that can be done in nearly any time of attire, but you are going to get the best results by wearing clothing that does not restrict you at all.
Yoga pants are soft pants that are relatively stretchy and fit relatively closely to your body. They prevent you from Read the rest of this entry »
1. Stress Relief: Yoga helps your body relax and diminishes harmful effects of stress on your body and your health.
2. Flexibility: Yoga poses help stretch out your muscles and increase your flexibility and range of motion.
3. Strength: Yoga poses use your own body weight for resistance, increasing your overall strength.
4. Weight Management: Stetching and using your muscles while elevating your heart rate is a great way to maintain your weight.
5. Cardiovascular Conditioning: Your resting heart rate Read the rest of this entry »
Tired of boring cardio and weight training? Amp up your workout by slowing it down! Add yoga to the mix to help promote overall physical wellness while at the same time helping your mental state and inner well-being. While the primary purposes of yoga are to help relieve stress, find and maintain personal serenity, and improve mental function, the ancient practice can also be a tremendous physical workout.
Much of yoga focuses on breathing, and mastering the correct breathing technique can help cleanse the mind, body, and soul. Yoga workouts Read the rest of this entry »
When most people think of yoga, they imagine people contorting themselves into various positions before settling down into in a calm, meditative state. While this is partially true, yoga is far more than stretching and meditating. There are actually different types of yoga, and while they are similar at their core, not all of them are right for every person.
A common form of the practice is Hatha yoga. This is a very slow, gentle form of stretching that has its main Read the rest of this entry »